Bird's Eye Chili Rich Simple Syrup
By Blank Slate Kitchen From United States
|Shipping Destination||Single Item||Additional Items|
|North America||$6.50||+ $1.50|
Thanks so much for your order! We'll get our kitchen on it right away and it will be on it's way to you in no time. In the meantime, check out the recipes on our website at www.blankslatekitchen.com to get inspired with some ideas for putting your Blank Slate Kitchen Rich Simple Syrup to use. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter for new recipes and new products. Enjoy!
Owner / Chef
Looking for a little surprising kick? Our bird’s eye chili syrup packs a bright, fresh punch from these little peppers, tempered and tamed by the clear sweetness of organic cane sugar. A mean margarita is a natural for this syrup, but don’t be afraid to experiment with some heat in your desserts as well.
We make our Bird’s Eye Chili Rich Simple Syrup from the finest quality organic and fair-trade ingredients we can find. It starts with evaporated cane juice sugar; unlike white sugar, this is less refined and still has some of the nutrients and caramel flavor.
We add lots of fresh Thai bird’s eye chili peppers, giving it a bright, zingy, spicy flavor. No artificial flavorings here – nothing but the highest quality, real ingredients. We also add a touch of organic citric acid, which helps to stabilize and preserve it, so that it won’t crystallize and it will last for a year or more.
It’s Rich because we use twice the amount of sugar as in a standard simple syrup. What does this mean? Well to start, one bottle goes further than a regular simple syrup. We also pack lots of flavor into that bottle, so it has an intense, concentrated flavor to it.
What can you do with it? Anything you can imagine; it’s a tool to help unlock your culinary creativity. That spicy kick combined with some sweetness is surprisingly good in unexpected places, such as desserts and cocktails. As a starting point, here are some suggestions, and recipes can be found on our website:
• Cocktails; it makes a mean margarita
• Chocolate and chili? It’s one of the original Aztec chocolate pairings, and man were they on to something
• Drizzled over ice cream, berries, or other fruit; try a little heat in your dessert
• Drizzled over breakfast – waffles, pancakes, oatmeal, even bacon
• In coffee, tea, hot chocolate and smoothies
• Homemade soda
• Add some moxie to recipes for ice creams, custards, whipped creams, candies, cookies and cakes; replace corn syrup or honey with a Rich Simple Syrup
The not-so-fine print:
• Our syrups are vegan and gluten-free
• Some separation of syrup will occur, shake well before use
• Refrigerate after opening
• Minimum two year shelf life; under normal conditions, syrups will be fine long past that, but the flavor may degrade over time
This item is yet to be reviewed.